Kara-Moon Forum
June 29, 2024, 07:35:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Look up at the sky  (Read 16710 times)
Martin E
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2008, 07:44:59 PM »

Thanks Oren. Can't get any better than that I guess.  Shocked

I think this one doesn't have a chorus as strong as in some of your other songs...it has more a bridge-like quality - but again a great production and a nice retro tune. Which instrument(s) do you use for those retro sounds?

Thanks, Talvin
This song is maybe a bit more groove orientated than the focus being on the melodies. I think it's still strong enough though.

The retro sounds come from Sonik Synth2. The sound I use consists of three sounds used together. I also like to use the M-tron for this type of sound. The M-tron is a bit more authentic soundwise. I've used these types of sounds in my last two songs and in my next new song I'm using them again. So it pretty well looks like I'm getting addicted.  Grin (By the way ; IK Multimedia have just released Sampletron which is on my must-have list as well. With lots of obscure Mellotron-like instruments sampled)

In the intro/middle/end part I used Gmedia's Imposcar and NI's Fm7. The flute is from Sonik Synth2.
Talvin

« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2008, 08:44:34 PM »

I have Sonik Synth 2 too. Maybe I should have another look...

Are you also taking part in the Esoundz retro group buy?
Martin E
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2008, 10:47:46 PM »

I have Sonik Synth 2 too. Maybe I should have another look...

Are you also taking part in the Esoundz retro group buy?

I've been in the last three group buys from Esoundz (Sonik synth/Sample Tank; Miroslav and AmpliTube2/Amplitube Jimi Hendrix) but I think I'll pass this one over. Lots of stuff in this one I'm not really interested in. Apart from the stuff that is interesting of course. But I think Sampletron is more my cup of tea. Can't have it all.
Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2008, 11:16:43 PM »

Thanks, Thom, James and Andreas. Much appreciated.

btw the Nibiru/Planet X video is scary  Shocked ...or maybe you can take it as science-fiction  Grin

Yeah, I don't know what to make of it either. No real evidence of such a planet exists. But you know what the believers say; there's a big cover-up going on Roll Eyes.

Excelent marketing technique to sell a book Grin

k

This is the most acceptable theory  Grin LOL

Ok I can go to sleep now with no worries. Grin

Whew!!..I was getting worried there for a minute!!  Cheesy

Wyatt

Martin, this a perfectly wonderful song..
..I was wondering what you were up to.   Smiley

Wyatt

Martin E
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2008, 07:52:30 AM »

Martin, this a perfectly wonderful song..
..I was wondering what you were up to.   Smiley

Wyatt

Thanks Wyatt. I had a bit of dry spell, I guess. The backbone of this song was already recorded in the beginning of March. But I didn't have the incentive to finish it.
Fred S
Moderators Views

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2008, 05:58:27 AM »

Awesome track, Martin! It really starts cooking beautifully at 2:11... the bridge and then the acoustic guitar section. Really nice. And a proper ending....what's up with that? Wink  Really well done.

I bought a new keyboard Friday (Yamaha S90 ES), so I gave it quite the workout today. I've laid off everything for almost a month now trying to heal the pinky on my left hand. Dr says it tendinitis. Unfortunately, I may need to bandage it up and rest it a couple more months, as it started right in on me again today. Maybe I should use the time to learn how to use all the those darn music programs I have  Roll Eyes Cheesy

Martin E
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2008, 01:48:38 PM »

Awesome track, Martin! It really starts cooking beautifully at 2:11... the bridge and then the acoustic guitar section. Really nice. And a proper ending....what's up with that? Wink  Really well done.

I bought a new keyboard Friday (Yamaha S90 ES), so I gave it quite the workout today. I've laid off everything for almost a month now trying to heal the pinky on my left hand. Dr says it tendinitis. Unfortunately, I may need to bandage it up and rest it a couple more months, as it started right in on me again today. Maybe I should use the time to learn how to use all the those darn music programs I have  Roll Eyes Cheesy

Thanks, Fred. Glad you like it. I knew you would aprove of the ending.  Grin

Sorry to hear about your tendon problem. Overdid the guitar playing, didn't you?  Roll Eyes Just joking. Hope it's better soon. Enjoy your new keyboard. The Yamaha S90 ES, can't say I'm really into keyboards at the moment. You know, I'm still using an old beat up DX7 half of the time  Grin

Like last year in May we're off again on a little trip coming week; this time a few days of Berlin. 

Cheers

Martin
Fred S
Moderators Views

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2008, 05:09:10 PM »

Like last year in May we're off again on a little trip coming week; this time a few days of Berlin. 

Germany is a must visit for me some day (2013, if we're still around Wink Cheesy).  I think Susie booked us on a Mexican Riviera cruise in mid June. I'm not all excited about it, but she really likes that sort of thing.

Here's wishing you and your family a great time!

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2008, 07:31:27 PM »

You could spend an entire holiday just going down the Rhine (been there twice)

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
magmavander
Frenchy but chic
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2008, 09:19:21 PM »

Hi M,

hmmm, cool, you took another direction  Grin
I agree, it's more groovey than your usual (great) stuff. You moved into another universe.
Well, when the vocal cames, sure it's Martin E's music  Wink
The song sometimes sounds still like a 'rock' song. I think that maybe an electic guitar could fit here.
I liked the break with accoustic guitar and bongos, I liked a lot the subtle and discrete string section, very good. And the flute is the cherry on the cake, like a time machine taking us back to end 60s begin 70s.
Excellent!! Thanks.

bye

mag

Frenchy but chic
Martin E
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2008, 05:28:07 AM »

Thanks, Mag

Tried to fit an el guitar but didn't really work out. So I decided to leave it out.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: