Kara-Moon Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:40:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin internet currency.  (Read 3811 times)
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« on: April 10, 2013, 05:43:57 PM »

Some friends have been following the development of that Bitcoin currency - http://bitcoin.org/en/
It looks like a good time to get involved. All the software will run on Linux; in fact, Bitcoin is open-source - free to download, and free to modify/improve if you are a software developer.
I'm looking at it now, determining where to start with the large selection of software options, and in what direction to develop my activities.
Anybody here have experience with Bitcoin?

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 12:57:17 AM »

Further to the internet currency thing... Bitcoin is up and running on one of my computers set up with Ubuntu version 12.04 LTS.

I'm not buying bitcoins or making transactions - just lending some of my computer's power to the network while scoping the situation further. Grin

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 09:30:14 AM »

I've been watching this situation for a while now. It's very interesting.

Something that will be very revealing is how bitcoin copes long-term with the recent attacks being made on it.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 05:21:16 PM »

Agreed.

That's why I'm in a "holding pattern" right now. Running the bitcoin software to help secure their network seems like an easy way to help the phenomenon grow. I have high hopes for this system!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: